Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Second run happens today...

So, I was super nervous on Saturday for my 3 mile tester run... It went great, I ran a 34:30 time for the 3 miles. The next step was waiting to find out which color group I would be placed into and what my training schedule for the week would be. I really am a big fan of breaking the training up by the week - that way you (I) don't get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of training you have over the next 20 weeks.

Turns out I am in the slowest (no real shocker there) group in my Quick Beat program. I am okay with that for now, but my goal will be to move to the next group by the end of this training. I can do it.. This is really going to help me trim down and make boot camp better for me so I think I can do it!

The other scheduled activities I have had going on have kept me busy. Saturday afternoon my high school held their Alumni Game. I was not going to play and then decided at the last minute "what the hell." What I didn't realize was that I would be playing against the current BL Varsity team. WOW are they young! I was the oldest alumni by about 10 years, so I felt my age. What I will say is that even being so much older, I held my own out there and even scored a goal :)... It was fun and I am glad I did it. Next year my goal will be to get some of my old teammates out there with me!

Boot camp officially kicked off for the month of January yesterday morning, it was great but exhausting! I rounded out the day with an indoor game at 10:45 PM - so basically I woke up at 4:30 and fell asleep around 1:30 - that is what I call a long day....

So back to the title of this post... I have my second run today. 20 minutes with a 5 minute tempo. I had no idea what that meant, so I asked a co-worker who is an avid runner and she explained that I had to run faster than my normal pace for that 5 minute period. The only issue is that it is supposed to rain today, so I brought my stuff with me and will get on the treadmill at the office at like 4:00 today and knock out my 20 minutes before going to pick up the girls at my moms house..

Wish me luck :) XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment