Friday, October 19, 2012

Back to business!

Finally, I felt well enough to get back out to boot camp this morning, thank goodness! I can definitely tell I have a. been sick and b. not worked out for a week.... I am SO sore! Friday/Saturday are both leg days at camp so by tomorrow afternoon walking might be a tough prospect.. LOL... Every quarter I do a 3 day Shakeology cleanse.. My sisters were pretty funny the first time I did this back in July. They thought it was one of those drink lemon juice for three days cleanses... Hell no! I could never, I would be so hungry and so bitchy that it would not be a good thing (and, I would eat my body weight in food at the end, completely negating the cleanse.

The Shakeology cleanse is awesome! I will drink three protein shakes each day (breakfast, lunch and after dinner), along with a piece of fruit (I will put a banana in each shake) and then a salad with 4 oz of white meat protein (chicken breast) and 2 oz of lite salad dressing.. It really just helps to cleanse your system of the processed foods that stay with you a little longer than the fresh/more healthy options. I am going to be honest, the first time I did this I was fine - until day 3 that is... So, I am hoping that by Monday I will not be as snarky as I was last time, I think Dave and the girls hope that too! So, I will go to boot camp in the morning and then start with my first shake when I get home.. Say a prayer for me, lol... I hope to lose like 4-5 pounds while doing this and the great thing is that you don't gain that back with the first meal you eat after the three days.. The shakes are supplying my body with the correct amount of protein needed to keep my system up and running!

Dave and I have a date night tonight! My sister and her husband (one of them) will come over after we put the girls down for the night so we can go to a movie and then tomorrow night we will do the same for them. It is a brilliant idea that my brother in law came up with and I am looking forward to some 1 on 1 time with the hubby tonight!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment