Saturday, October 20, 2012

Weekend fun and a new recipe

This morning I made it out to boot camp again for my second leg workout in two days.. OUCH!!  There are two trainers that work the camp that I attend and they are both very tough on their own BUT have them each run 1/2 of the camp and to quote Avery, "Holy Moly" are they tough. It was another great workout, I am so glad I woke up in time to go. Last night Dave and I went to see Dark Knight Rises - it was so good - at 9:10 before realizing it was a 3 hour movie.. Now, I am a 9-10 PM fall asleep person and we didn't get home until after midnight, and then my brain was in hyper drive after the action packed movie.. 7:15 came really way to early and I was not sure I would make it!

After camp, we went to my niece, Ella's, school fall carnival. It was SO much fun and the girls had a blast with the games, bounce house slide, cake walk, lunch and playtime at the park! But man was I tired when we got home.. We put the girls down for a nap, Dave went out to mow the yard and I laid down... 3 hours later I woke up! I guess I was tired! We just hung out the rest of the afternoon, grabbed some dinner and Dave headed to my sister's house so my sis and brother in law could head out for a date night :)...

Tomorrow I will start my 3 day cleanse, I hope I am not too bitchy by Tuesday!

Now for the recipe! These are the 'Mexican Muffins' that we tried the other night - they are awesome!

Ingredients:
3Large whole wheat tortillas or heart healthy, or enough to cut out 12 small circles
1 lblean ground beef - 96/4
1/2 cupSalsa of choice - this actually made it a bit to spicy for the kids, will not add it next time!
1/4 cupDry taco seasoning
1/2 cupLow fat refried beans
1/2 cupLow fat shredded mexican blend or 2% cheddar cheese
OptionalToppings: sliced black olives, shredded lettuce, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a 12 count muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Start by laying each tortilla out individually on a flat surface, and use an empty can, glass cup, or cookie cutter to cut 3-4 medium circles out of each wrap.
3. Press each wrap circle into muffin tin using your fingers. (Note: it doesn’t have to cover the entire side of the tin, it should just fit snuggly!)
4. Brown the ground beef and make the taco meat according to seasoning instructions.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the ground meat, salsa (if using) and refried beans. Stir until well combined.
5. Scoop 1/8th cup of meat mixture into each wrap.
6. Top with shredded cheese, (dividing evenly between each pizza), and olives if desired.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
8. Wait for mini Mexican pizzas to cool, and remove from muffin tin using a fork or knife. Pizza’s should pop out with ease!
9. Serve with a side of salsa, low fat sour cream, chopped tomatoes, and/or shredded lettuce if desired!

They are DELICIOUS! I used regular cheese (not 2%) and each muffin was 3 points plus. I ate two of them for 7 point plus - and I was full! Highly recommend these!

XOXO.




No comments:

Post a Comment